Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 22: Hands

Oddly enough this theme has been an idea that I was considering for a conceptual photo series.  So I guess this means that I can now check both items off my to do list. 

I love the expression of emotions in photographs ...which (as a side point) why I love photographs of and photographing people.  To that accord, our hands can be used as an expressive extension to a variety of powerful emotions.  As I thought through a few emotions I played around with how my hands would convey that message.  It was amazing how a slight tweak completely changed the hand's expressions.  I've included the emotion I saw in the hands but I wouldn't be surprised if you saw something a little different.  I'd love to hear about what you see!

Reverence
Agony
Receptive
Anxiety
Surrender
Rage
Weakness
Love




No comments:

Post a Comment